I found a good deal on this fabric and my first thought was to make some sweat pants for C1, but then I had the idea to make him a jacket. I used the same pattern as his Rain Coat and sort of made up some of it as I went (like the zipper part). I’ve never worked with this type of material and it was an adventure. This is suppose to be 18 month size. I also added a whale patch that I think I took from my Mom’s stash. I also added a bottom cuff so the bottom of the jacket wouldn’t flare out.
Things I don’t like how it turned out:
*it’s way too big we’ll see when it does fit him, right now it’s a dress.
*the hood is loose
*the neck is very open and no way to close the gap
*my zipper is crooked
*I had to add cuffs to the sleeves to make them longer to match the rest of the size of the jacket
*I wish I had my new serger to make this to help with the edges (like in the hood).
While there are a lot of things wrong with this little jacket, I’ll still have C1 wear it (once it fits him). I made it for him, by darn he’s going to wear it.